Saturday, June 23, 2012

At Home



Chanel, our oldest grandaughter is here for 5 weeks. When she moved into her room two weeks ago, I gave her a magazine of her favorite music group with permission to hang the photos from it on the walls. She unpacked, decorated the walls and when she came out of her room she said, "Now I feel at home!"

Today we host a wedding in our backyard. The bride and wedding party will be here soon to decorate and get ready. As I sit in this quiet moment of the morning looking into the yard, I wonder if the guests who come today will feel at home! What is it about feeling at home that is so important? Why do I long to be at home? Is it not home that creates the space for me to be who I really am? Where I am free to grow, create, explore, rest, wrestle, ponder, reflect and just be me? What I notice is that when I am at home, I can also invite others to be at home. Today, Lord, may this place be place of being home!

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment