Sunday, August 12, 2012

What's the Invitation?

Jesus comes to see Mary and Martha and Martha is busy in the kitchen.  She is a little bent out of shape because Mary isn't helping her.  I have two sisters and I totally get Martha!  This morning someone shared this perspective. Perhaps Martha had overcommitted herself to preparing too much and she was assuming that her sister would come through and help her.  I wonder if what the real issue for Martha was because she was overcommitted in the kitchen, she couldn't do what she wanted most to do, sit with Mary and spend time with Jesus.

Ever feel that way yourself?  You think, "I would really like to but I have so much to do and no one is helping me". Why not listen to the deeper desire, make some choices to simplify and spend time sitting with Jesus?

Soul Care Companions, Ignatian Exercises, Spiritual Direction or Soul Care  Intensive are places that help you explore ways you can simplify and deepen in your relationship with Jesus.  Check our pages to the right and see if something stirs in you!

Missy


No comments:

Post a Comment