Monday, July 1, 2013

Where Time and Eternity Intertwine

 
Today I enjoyed the cool of the morning and walked the prayer labyrinth at Light of Christ Lutheran Church here in Turlock.  I had no pressing issues to pray, no urgent needs to bring to my God; I came ready for a new day.  As I began to walk, the simple “Prayer for Presence” filled my heart and mind:

In the gift of this new day
In the gift of this present moment
In the gift of time and eternity intertwined

Let us be thankful
Let us be attentive
Let us be open to what has never happened before.

In the gift of this new day
In the gift of this present moment
In the gift of time and eternity intertwined

I was captured by the phrase “In the gift of time and eternity intertwined”.  Because of Jesus’ work on the cross and his gift of the Holy Spirit, I get to experience living in a space where time and eternity intertwine!  My very human experience always has the potential for me to know and experience God’s life!  Amazing!

And as another favorite poem of mine says –“And so I think it is with you….” Missy and I have prayed and been attentive to what God is doing in our lives and in our ministry together.  We have put together a wonderful year of opportunities for you to experience the gift of time and eternity intertwined.  Please look over our Soul Care brochure and be open to what has never happened before as you seek to deepen your awareness and attentiveness to God’s life in you.  We are excited about all the possibilities this year will hold, we would love to have you join us!

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment