Saturday, May 5, 2012

Where have I been? In the birthing room...

      It was so good to finally get to Easter and be able to celebrate life, the resurrected life of Jesus. During Lent  my prayer and reflection was around the impact of his life to those who companioned him and their response to his death.  It was good to come to the other side of the story!  Then comes the call to anticipate death again   ...the three days that followed Easter were spent companioning Aunt Bea as her life here on earth came to a sudden close and she embraced eternal life.  Two days later I left for San Diego for a two week journey companioning my daughter and her family as they prepared and gave birth to Jovie Bella, grandbaby 13!   Did all that really happen in just 3 weeks????
     Interesting, my word for the year has been "birth".  Today as I am beginning to sort out and make sense of all that has happened in April, I am aware of how God has been present in all of these experiences of life and death, birthing His life in me and those around me.  I love my 2 year old grandson Cooper's response at the birth of his sister, "Baby Bella came out!  TADA!"   Unrehearsed and from the inmost part of his two year old being he was celebrating her birth..."TADA!"  Oh for a that kind of response for what God births in me! Be blessed today!

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment