Saturday, May 5, 2012

As I reflect on the year spent in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, I find myself in awe of this great gift!  As a group we have borne "witness to the divine sharing fully in our existence (Incarnation) and offering a way of gaining victory amidst it (Resurrection) through the loss of all that would claim to protect us (Crucifixion)."(from Insurrection by Peter Rollins)  Here are some thoughts from women who finished the Exercises this year:

"After going through the Exercises of St. Ignatius, my eyes have been opened to the presence of God in all things.  By meditating and journaling on specific scriptures and walking alongside Christ's journey on this earth,  I have come to a much closer relationship with him.   The discipline of the exercises stretched my soul in a way that I know I would not have experienced on my own.  The exercises have also opened my life to serving others, with new and exciting opportunities. " Ragena

"As believers Scripture tells us we are "united" with Christ."  But what does that mean in our everyday life?  The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius have been a curriculum in Christ-likeness for me as they have helped me discover through intimate encounters with Jesus what it means to be one with him.  I have lived with Jesus for 30 weeks and that can't help but change who I am and am becoming."  Judy

"I have learned to become more aware of God's presence throughout the day.....In the past months, as I've gone through this class, I've experienced God working on some core issues in my life and my love for the Lord has deepened.  I wouldn't trade these past 8 months for anything." Lynne 


I invite you to consider going through the Spiritual Exercises beginning in September 2012.  You will find yourself drawn deeper into your relationship with the God who created you and loves you, demonstrated by his incarnation, crucifixion and resurrection.  Hear his words of invitation to "Come and see".

You will find information about the Exercises under the 'Pages' section of this blog.  There is a letter of invitation which explains what the year and the commitment will look like as well as some questions which will help you discern if this is where God is calling you and then there is an application that you  can print, fill out and send to me.

May God be ever present to you and may you notice what desires he is stirring in you!
Carol
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment