Thursday, August 8, 2013

Take Me home with you!


I grew up singing "Zacchaeus was a wee little man and a wee little man was he.  He climbed up in a Sycamore tree for The Lord he wanted to see...".  This morning in my reading, I came to this story and was struck by  his response to Jesus' invitation to come to his house.   He welcomed Jesus, was delighted, excited and filled with joy!.  Some how I never learned this part of the song.   Zacchaeus tended to the longing for more in his life, and sensed deep within that Jesus was the answer to the longing.   Perhaps he thought that just being able to see Jesus would be enough and that is why he climbed the tree.  Jesus knew that Zacchaeus wanted more and so He invited Zacchaeus to take Him home with him and Zacchaeus responded.  It radically changed his life!   And so I sit again with more questions!!!  What is the invitation of Jesus for me?  Is He inviting Himself to come and be at home with me and I just need to respond?   Am I open for radical change?

May your eyes be opened!  May you have the courage to "climb up in the tree" and see what Jesus has for you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment