Friday, August 16, 2013

Would you give me a drink?


August 16
Interesting, the first thing Jesus says to the woman at the well in John 4 is "Would you give Me a drink?"  No hesitation in asking for what he needed and yet she has some reservation.  He says, (my paraphrase), "If you only knew what getting me a drink could do for you?"   Isn't that odd, Jesus request for himself was really about her.  Her getting Him a drink would also satisfy her thirst!

Maybe that is what is under the question that I often finding myself asking!  "What is the invitation?"  If God's invitation seems like is it to respond to the other's need, could it be that it is also what I need?   Jesus knew what the woman needed and it came in a simple invitation, "Would you give Me a drink?"

No comments:

Post a Comment