Monday, May 26, 2014

Light the Candle...

Maddie and Abby want to go on a  retreat and after two years of asking, Granny said, "Yes!" (with the encouragement and help of two friends!)  They can't wait!  At first Abby wants to light all the candles and I have to remind her that each one who comes will get to light their own.  Yesterday they practiced lighting candles.   That is an important part of the day I tell them.  We light them to remind us that God is present with us.  There is a pause.  Who know what is going on in their little heads.  They practice again and again and I say it again, "These remind us that God is present."  How often do I need that reminder as I go about my day?  In the lighting of the candles, in the making of the bed, fixing dinner, doing laundry, reading a book, having conversation with my husband or a friend, God is present!  My summer days will be different, routine and what is normal interrupted.  "Holy Interuptions" are my invitations to pause, light my candle and know that God is present!


No comments:

Post a Comment